To execute a design sprint successfully, a lot of preparation needs to be done. The props go out to the product managers and the facilitators that provided input, data, planning, and aligned all schedules.
- Translate the ideas of non-techy in viable design.
- Design a testable prototype in 2 days.
- Get the prototype usability tested before the end of the week.
- Design sprint as exploratory research before the start of a formal project.
- Standardize design sprints within the organization.
The design sprint process is standardized, but need to adjust as per the business objective and requirement.
Sketching & Solution Gallery (Offline)
“Which concept do I really want to see in the prototype because it could be a good solution for one/several ?”
- Take a few pieces of A4 paper.
- Start sketching your concept within the boundaries of the surface created.
- It can be multiple screens, a full experience, or a simple page.
- Give it a catchy title
- We recommend adding notes on the side, with explanations
This was the moment where we transformed the scribbles, ideas, concepts, and sketches into a viable design. We start with a lo-fi wireframe and interaction design to include all requirements.
Concept Voting & Prioritization for Interfaces
Evaluate the most innovative sections in each concept that match the goal of our feature/flow. This creates a high-level concept into the wireframe and creates a concept for the project.
People vote for the most innovative sections in each concept that match the goal of our feature/flow.
The highest voted sections are then consumed and converted into an interaction flow, which should be mapped with our feature/flow.
The focus on:
- Create hand-drawn concepts
- Collaboratively vote for the best sections from all the concepts
Silent critiquing was applied to prioritize the most potential concepts and also to align the team on the definitive design solution(s) that would be designed and tested.
After a quick expert-review with the UX team, refinements were implemented. Now the final design was presented to the whole design sprint team and feedback was collected before the solution was turned into a testable prototype.
Afterward, I usually combined the hi-fi interaction design and visual design if reusable components are used.
Individual person will create their own sketches and concept.
- Create an interactive prototype from finalized flow using Figma
The prototype was created as per the prioritized screens on Figma and will create a clickable prototype and showcase it to the stakeholders to align on the business objective.